To ensure that this post is kindasorta makeup related…here I am wearing the new Urban Decay Boogie palette and eating a gluten-free cheddar garlic biscuit! 😁
I made these biscuits for Thanksgiving, and they were the best — THE BEST — thing on the menu. Sliced ’em open and served them with maple glazed ham slices (BOOM!), but they’re just as delicious with a salad, soup, chili, clam chowder, etc.
In other words, all the things. 🤗
First off, they’re easy to make, and there isn’t any complicated rolling out or chilling of dough. Even though this particular batch is gluten-free, you could just as easily make them with gluten-full all-purpose flour.
The full recipe is below, but here’s a quick rundown…
Before we start, you gotta gather the ingredients. The list is short and sweet, just like my Coycoy!
First, measure out your dry ingredients, and whisk them in a bowl.
Next, shred the cheddar cheese. THIS IS KEY! The pre-shredded stuff in a bag won’t melt as well.
While you’re at it, prep the wet ingredients.
Now, it’s time to make the dough! Begin by adding the cheese to the dry ingredient bowl; toss the shreds in the flour to coat them thoroughly.
Then, add the wet ingredients.
Mix the dough until it barely comes together, and try your best to avoid over-mixing; otherwise, you’ll end up with a tough biscuit. It’ll look and feel a little dry, which is totally OK.
Form the dough into 12 biscuits, and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper into an oven that’s been preheated to 425F. Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until the tops of the biscuits look golden.
While the biscuits are baking, make your butter topping.
When the biscuits are done, right after you take them out of the oven, immediately spoon the melted butter on the tops of the biscuits.
Devour heartily! 😋
Easy Cheesy Cheddar Garlic Biscuits (GLUTEN-FREE!)
These cheesy garlic biscuits melt in your mouth, and, full disclosure, you’ll have a hard time eating just one! The dough quickly comes together and doesn’t require any complicated kneading, so you can easily mix a batch to serve for lunch, dinner or even breakfast. They’re delicious as is, or served with sliced ham (YUM), chili or clam chowder.
- Prep time: 25 minutes
- Bake time: 12 minutes
- Total time: 37
- Yield: 12 biscuits
BISCUIT DRY INGREDIENTS:
- 10 ounces (2 cups) gluten-free 1-to-1 flour (I like Cup4Cup Multipurpose Flour)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces (1 ½ cups) freshly shredded sharp cheddar cheese (don’t use bagged and pre-shredded cheese; it doesn’t melt as well)
BISCUIT WET INGREDIENTS:
- ½ cup full-fat sour cream
- ½ cup whole milk
- 6 tablespoons unsalted melted butter
- 3 tablespoons unsalted melted butter
- ¼ teaspoon crushed, dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a half sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Measure out your dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, garlic powder, sugar and salt) in a large bowl, then whisk together.
- Add shredded cheese into the bowl, and then evenly coat the cheese by tossing it with the dry ingredient mix.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together sour cream and milk, add to dry ingredients. Pour melted butter into the dry ingredients, too.
- Mix until just combined. The batter will look lumpy, which is totally fine. Whatever you do, don’t overmix the dough! (You’ll end up with a tough biscuit).
- Use a greased ¼ measuring cup to scoop the dough onto the lined baking sheet into 12 biscuits, about 1 ½ inches apart.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until the biscuits are golden.
- Make the topping while the biscuits bake by whisking the melted butter, crushed parsley and garlic powder together.
- When the biscuits are done, immediately brush the tops with the butter topping. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Unbutton your jeans and enjoy!
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,