Admittedly, I’m asking this Q & A today partly because I need the reminder to wear sunscreen during the cold months! 🙄
So, here’s what I look for in a sunscreen…
- That it absorbs quickly, because I don’t want to sit there rubbing sunscreen into my face for 10 years.
- Leaves behind absolutely no white cast!
- Doesn’t give me breakouts.
- It’s at least moderately moisturizing.
- Layers well with other skin care products and makeup.
- It has a matte or demi-matte finish (no shimmer, please).
- Feels lightweight on my skin.
- It comes in a tube or a pump, because I don’t like dipping my fingers into a jar.
Right now my favorite sunscreen is Elta MD UV Clear, because it’s all that and a bag of chips! I’ve been wearing it for about a year now and have yet to stray. I do wish it was less than $29…but it works so well that I’m mostly OK with the price.
How about you? What do you look for in a sunscreen?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,