There’s something intriguing about the hunt for the perfect combination of base products for flawless (or almost flawless) skin, even if my favorite foundations and concealers aren’t getting much action these days because of #masklife. I still (and will always) enjoy the challenge of applying my base products.
On that note, it’s time for this newest edition of This or That! Today is all about foundation and concealer…
How to play
Pick one or the other for each of the questions below, and copy/paste your answers in the comments. Can’t wait to see your picks! Mine are listed below. 💋
Copy and paste
- Foundation or tinted moisturizer?
- Would you rather have a foundation that perfectly matches your skin tone but isn’t all that great at smoothing pores and fine lies, OR a foundation that perfectly smoothes out the texture (so your skin’s as pore-less as a baby’s!) but is juuuust a smidgen off in terms of color?
- Cream or liquid concealer?
- Sheer or pigmented concealer?
- Stick foundation or powder foundation?
- Sheer-, medium- or full-coverage foundation?
- Matte or dewy finish?
- Would you rather blend your base with a sponge or a brush?
- Drugstore or department store foundation?
Foundation or tinted moisturizer?
I’m having a real makeup Sophie’s choice with this one, because, on one hand, I love the flexibility of a foundation (you can easily sheer it out by adding a few drops of MAC Strobe Cream), but, on the other hand, the ease of a tinted moisturizer can’t be beat.
GAHHH. I guess for this moment in time, I’d go with the tinted moisturizer, since it’s easier and would be the one I’d be most likely to grab first.
Would you rather have a foundation that perfectly matches your skin tone but shows a little bit of texture, OR a foundation that perfectly smoothes out the texture (so it appears pore-less) but is a smidgen off in color?
Foundation that matches my skin perfectly, please. Again…easier to handle. I don’t want to deal with color correcting! Just the thought of it is wearing me down. LOL!
Cream or liquid concealer?
Sheer or pigmented concealer?
Sheer for the under-eye area, pigmented for my cheeks.
Stick foundation or powder foundation?
Stick foundation, 100%.
Sheer-, medium- or full-coverage foundation?
Matte or dewy finish?
Would you rather blend your base with a sponge or a brush?
Drugstore or department store foundation?
Either is fine, but I’m going to go with department store foundations because, generally, I like how weightless they feel on my face.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,