We’ve always loved to use skincare to achieve a no-makeup look, or to set a radiant base for makeup, which is why we launched Glowipedia™ in 2018. Every year, we create a skin-care lookbook to bring your skin goals to life, be it a Honey Glow Look or Cloudless Skin Look. It gives you everything you need, from product recs to pro application tips, to get the skin you want.
This year, we partnered with makeup artist Carolina Dalí-Trites to bring you three fresh looks featuring clever techniques and (of course) your favorite Glow Recipe products. Hollywood’s coolest stars turn to Carolina when they want a glowing makeup look. The New York-based makeup artist is known for her artistic, beautifully radiant looks. We knew she was the perfect partner to bring Glowipedia™ 2020 to life. Carolina created all-new glowing skin and makeup looks that you can DIY at home. (Want more? Check out our previous Glowipedia™ videos here.) Get ready to get inspired with the latest Glowipedia™ looks.
Using the products featured in our new Glowipedia™ Glass Skin Trio, Carolina walks us through how to re-create this look. Glass skin is clear, smooth, and luminous — think lit from within. (Need we say more?) If you’re short on time, we have a 2-Step Glass Skin Hack to make it attainable in a pinch. As for makeup, Carolina wanted to create natural, glossy accents to complement the sparkling, glass-inspired complexion.
We made the Glowipedia™ Glass Skin Trio, which features the Watermelon Glow Sleeping Mask, Watermelon Glow Pink Juice Moisturizer, and Pineapple-C Bright Serum, for a condensed routine to help you achieve this coveted skin look.
To complete the look, Carolina uses:
- While you’re prepping your skin with the Watermelon Glow Sleeping Mask, use that time to start other areas, like your eyes
- Use the Avocado Melt Retinol Eye Sleeping Mask as an eye primer; the hydrogel base helps concealer glide on
- Mist on the Watermelon Glow Ultra-Fine Mist between each skin-care step to layer your hydration
- Massage the Pineapple-C Bright Serum into the contours of the face, such as the jawline and under the cheekbones, for a mini lymphatic massage
- Mist your brushes with the Watermelon Glow Ultra-Fine Mist to help foundation, cream bronzer, and cream blush melt into skin
- After applying makeup, pat the Pineapple-C Bright Serum onto high points of the face for an added sheen
- Finish everything off with the Watermelon Glow Ultra-Fine Mist to lock in makeup and add a final burst of hydration
Watch the video and give it a try yourself! Make sure you share your finished look with us on Instagram by tagging us at @glowrecipe and @carolinadali.
Check out our other Glowipedia™ looks that you can re-create: