HORRIBLE! Hit-and-Run Victim Left in Ditch for an Hour Before Anyone Called 911 for Assistance

This story was updated….

A Georgia resident Ralph “Ryan” Dover was involved in a hit-and-run homicide in September after hitting Eric Keais on a bike on Main Street north of Cedartown, Georgia.

After Dover struck Keais he left the scene of the crime and did not call for assistance for an hour.

Keals died in the ditch after he was struck by Dover.

Keais drove from the scene and then called his attorney Trey Kelley, a Georgia State GOP representative.

Kelley then called Cedartown Police Chief Jamie Newsome to send an officer to the scene.

Keais died on the side of the road.

What a terrible tragedy.

A delay in emergency care in a case involving Rep. Trey Kelley and Cedartown Police Chief Jamie Newsome could have led to a man’s death, according to a coroner’s report.

A grand jury will determine if criminal charges will be brought in the case resulting from the September 2019 hit-and-run that killed 38-year-old Eric Keais.

In a written statement, Tallapoosa Circuit District Attorney Jack Browning said the Georgia State Patrol recently turned over to his office the files from the completed investigation…

…Reports generated by the coroner state Keais was struck at 8:20 p.m., but the first police on the scene calling for ambulance and fire service didn’t happen until 9:26 p.m.

The report stated that GSP investigators noted “that there had not only been a hit and run aspect to this (Motor Vehicle Accident/Fatality) but there was a breach in the dispatch of assistance to our victim, Eric C. Keais.”

According to reports provided by the coroner’s office:

After Dover struck Keais with his vehicle, he left the scene just north of Frances Drive and North Main Street. He drove his damaged vehicle eight-tenths of a mile to a local business, where he then called Kelley, who is an attorney.

Dover wanted Kelley to come down to where he had parked and said “he had struck something on North Main Street while driving southbound.”

When asked about the timeline of events, Kelley stated that, to the best of his recollection, he received a phone call from Dover sometime after 8:30 p.m. and that he arrived between 8:45 to 8:50 p.m. They then returned to the spot on North Main Street across the roadway in the Dollar General Market parking lot.

The statement aligns with the coroner’s report that Kelley inspected the car before they left the location where Dover had parked.

Keais was later found in the ditch across from the store.