Valentine’s Day will always be one of the more controversial holidays. Either you’re absolutely obsessed (and in love) or you’re not. Whether you have a traditional date night planned with your one true love, a modern group outing with friends, or zero plans whatsoever, we have the perfect products to help you celebrate in style.
If you’re willing to go a bit outside of your comfort zone, this look is for you. Plum winged liner with a soft nude lip- it’s edgy enough to make it interesting, but your mom would still approve.
- Using shade Scarlet, from The Velvets Shadow Palette and Dual Brow/Liner Brush, sketch along the upper lashline, creating desired liner shape.
- Deepen and further define the liner with Precision Lip Pencil in shade Rave. And yes, feel free to use the pencil to apply (just make sure to sharpen the pencil before and after use to prevent contamination).
- Perfect and clean up edges with the clean end of Dual Brow/Liner Brush.
- Prime lashes with Lash Thickener & Conditioner, let sit for 30 seconds, then top with Lash Lengthening Mascara.
- Using Dual Fiber Cheek Brush, lightly sweep Sandalwood Blush onto cheeks. Top high points of the face with Conditioning Lip Balm for a skin-finished glow.
- Fill the entire lip area with Dune Lipstick and blot.
- Lightly sketch the outer edge of lips with Rave Precision Lip Pencil.
- Using Petite Smudge Brush, softly fuse the two shades together for an easy blurred lip.
Vivid Red Lip
It’s the perfect pairing of traditional Valentine’s Day, while still being modern and on trend. What more can you ask for?
- Using Dual Fiber Eye Brush, lightly sweep a sheer layer of Coy, from Bon Voyage Eye Shadow Quad onto lids and outer, lower lashline.
- Apply a small amount of Bonbon Cream Stay Shadow Stick to upper and lower outer corners and fuse shades together using Dual Fiber Eye Brush, for natural smokey depth.
- Prime lashes with Lash Thickener & Conditioner, let sit for 30 seconds, then top with Volumizing Mascara.
- Mix a small amount of Firstlove Cream Blush with Conditioning Lip Balm on back of hand and gently pat onto apples of cheeks using clean fingers.
- If additional blending is needed, buff out pigment with Contour/Highlighter Brush.
- Line and fill lips with Crimson Suede Matte Crayon, blend with finger and add a second coat to deepen.
- Diffuse and blur outer lip line with Detail Shader Brush for a blotted look.
Relax and Unwind
While we’re on the topic of modern Valentine’s Day looks and plans, why not scrap it all in favor of a night to yourself. You know you could use it.
- Choose your favorite mask (or masks- multi-masking is a thing!), apply, and be thankful you aren’t spending $150 on a sub par dinner.
Want more modern Valentine’s Day looks? Check out our favorites from last year!
(Visited 111 times, 71 visits today)